Education: Bachelor's Degree or equivalent combination of experience and education
Experience: Minimum 3-5 years experience
Aqua Lung specializes in the development, manufacture and distribution of technical life support, water, safety, personal fitness and recreation products. We are looking for a talented individual who can support our Mission of providing “personal aquatic equipment for recreational and professional use”. Our brands include Aqua Lung, Aqua Sphere, MP Michael Phelps, APEKS, OMER, Stohlquist, Aqua Lung Sport and U.S. Divers.
At Aqua Lung we expect our employees to lead others with respect, be courageous, to embrace and drive change, be mindful of our environmental impact, be efficient while being responsible to our customers, and above all else to be honest and do the right thing as we work to together to succeed as a team and achieve company goals.
The Customer Service Manager is responsible to lead team members in support of all company business lines and both the immediate customers and end users. This position is expected to resolve product or service issues by clarifying the customer's complaint; determine the cause of the problem; select and explain the best solution to solve the problem; expedite correction or adjustment and follow up to ensure resolution. This is a working manager position performing these tasks, or manages team members to execute the tasks, all within established company policies and procedures. The CS Manager will make recommendations to the various Business Lines on the establishment or refinement of company policies in an effort to reach our Business Imperatives of creating a true consumer goods DNA within the company and adapting the organization to sustain growth. Typical functions would include very heavy phones, data entry, customer RMA’s and order maintenance, and various follow through activities to support all Company Business Lines.
- Work directly with customers either by telephone, electronically or face to face.
- Establish or refine internal processes & procedures with the goals to increase efficiencies within the department and to increase customer satisfaction levels.
- Implement policy changes that could lower company warranty expenses, increase efficiencies and/or overall customer satisfaction, in line with individual business line objectives.
- Manage a team of employees and support the team through training, mentoring or other means to obtain the business imperatives.
- Provide technical assistance and or/ relay product knowledge to internal and external customers regarding company products and services.
- Must have knowledge in export documentation, regulation and compliance.
- Respond promptly to customer inquiries.
- Effectively handle and resolve complex customer complaints.
- Collect and analyze all relevant information to improve how inquiries and complaints are addressed.
- Process return authorizations and / or orders.
- Ship completed products / requests.
- Direct requests and unresolved issues to the designated resource.
- Communicate and coordinate with internal departments.
- Follow up on customer interactions.
- Train team members and peers on best practice methods of service.
- Update and maintain the Sales Schedule and maintain adequate staffing levels.
- Must have experience and be knowledgeable of customer service, order management and account management.
- Must be able to work and communicate well with customers, sales and marketing staff as well as various inter-company departments.
- Must have solid organization and trip planning skills .
- Exhibits professionalism, honesty, integrity, courtesy and respect in all dealings with fellow employees, guests, vendors, customers or others with whom the company conducts business.
- Requires individual to follow Company’s objectives and work in a fast-paced environment with tight deadlines.
- Must be very organized and able to manage multiple customer’s orders, marketing needs and conflicting priorities.
- Must have excellent customer service skills and possess excellent control of the English language and have good communication and phone skills.
- Minimum 3-5 years field sales experience in Swim Specialty, Triathlete (multi channel - swim/bike/run) or Sporting Goods channels.
- Bachelor's degree in business, equivalent work experience may be considered.
- Knowledge of customer service principles and practices.
- Diving Certificate (preferred), knowledge of diving equipment and experience.
- Knowledge of AS400 Operating System.
- Applied knowledge of AES Export Compliance Software.
- Working knowledge of ITN process through FEDEX, UPS and other potential carriers.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office Applications, with Advanced Microsoft Excel and Microsoft Access required.
~Aqua Lung America, Inc. (AQA) is an equal opportunity employer.
~We welcome and encourage diversity in our workforce.
~AQA participates in the United States Department of Homeland Security's E-Verify program.
~AQA promotes a drug and alcohol free work environment.
Send cover letter and résumé/cv to firstname.lastname@example.org.