Location: Northern California/ San Leandro, CA
Education: Bachelor's Degree in Business Administration or relevant field
Experience: Minimum 5 years in manufacturing planning or purchasing
Pelagic Pressure Systems has been in business since 1980 and joined the Aqua Lung family in 2015. We are a designer and manufacturer of analog and digital dive instrumentation for many of the leading international brands in the dive industry today such as Oceanic, Hollis, and Aqua Lung. Pelagic Pressure Systems has a highly knowledgeable employee base with a state of the art technological capability and several innovative patents.
We expect our employees to lead others with respect, be courageous, to embrace and drive change, be mindful of our environmental impact, be efficient while being responsible to our customers, and above all else to be honest and do the right thing as we work together to succeed as a team and achieve company goals.
This position reports to the Materials Manager and is responsible for ensuring on time and on budget delivery of all materials to support manufacturing operations including new product introductions.
- Procure materials, supplies, services, and equipment to support production requirements, including offshore material requirements
- Operate and Maintain significant elements of the MRP and ERP systems to maintain integrity
- Assistance in inventory reconciliations and oversees cycle counts
- Monitor orders to ensure on time deliveries and expedite as required, including ocean shipments from Asia
- Maintain positive, effective relationships with suppliers; resolve any supplier issues promptly
- Interact with all levels of management and co-workers, including a positive consideration of internal customers
- Immediately addresses quality concerns in collaboration with QA, Manufacturing and Engineering teams
- Locate and qualify new suppliers and generate cost savings via negotiating, finding alternate suppliers and/or product
- Coordinate with Engineering on all aspects of the New Product Development Process
- Ensure compliance to ISO 9001-2000 Standard
- Ability to prioritize multiple tasks in a fast paced environment
- Experience in the purchasing of electronic components and fabricated items
- Highly accurate, good memory skills as well as strong communication skills, both verbal and in writing
- A motivated self-starter that works with minimum supervision and takes ownership and pride in his/her work
- Timely, organized, detail-oriented, and willing to go the extra mile
- Proven proficiency with Microsoft Office including Outlook, Excel, Word and other Data Exchange systems is desired.
- Sound business understanding, exceptional and innovative problem solving skills as well as a strong analytical background
- Results oriented with a positive attitude and one that promotes team collaboration and team work
- Must have a high level of interpersonal skills to handle sensitive and confidential situations and materials
- BS/BA in Business Administration, Supply Chain Management or relevant field
- 5+ years experience/education in a manufacturing planning and purchasing environment
- Experience with offshore suppliers/manufacturing
- Experience working and interfacing with Engineering, Manufacturing, Quality, Finance and Inventory Management teams
~ We welcome and encourage diversity in our workforce.
~ PPS participates in the United States E-Verify program.
~ PPS promotes a drug and alcohol free work environment.
Send cover letter and résumé/cv to email@example.com.