Location: Vista, CA
Education: Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science, Information Technology or other related discipline
Experience: 5-7 years’ experience as a Project/Product/Release Manager
Aqua Lung America, Inc. specializes in the development, manufacture and distribution of technical life support, water, safety, personal fitness and recreation products. We are looking for a talented individual who can support our Mission of providing “personal aquatic equipment for recreational and professional use”. Our brands include Aqua Lung, Aqua Sphere, MP Michael Phelps, Stohlquist and U.S. Divers.
At Aqua Lung we expect our employees to lead others with respect, be courageous, to embrace and drive change, be mindful of our environmental impact, be efficient while being responsible to our customers, and above all else to be honest and do the right thing as we work to together to succeed as a team and achieve company goals.
The I.T. Project Manager will be responsible to plan, organize, and integrate cross-functional information technology projects that are significant in scope and impact.
This position will help drive process improvements and implementation across the organization. This role is accountable for the management of strategic cross-functional projects while following standard project management methodologies to ensure highly visible projects for affiliates are delivered on time, within budget, and within scope.
To perform effectively, this role will build strong relationships and communication channel with internal stakeholders across the group to help manage expectations as needed and have the ability to effectively communicate and report on details and status according to objective and intended audience. The Project Manager will lead technology implementation from project initiation, analysis and design, planning, execution, and close out
- Develop project plans, goals, and budgets; identifying resources needed
- Coordinate and provide day-to-day leadership of cross-functional project teams consisting of both internal resources and third-parties/vendors to ensure successful execution of projects.
- Develop schedules and methods for measuring results.
- Implement IT solution (ERP, Network solutions, database)
- Guide and perform strategic analysis for the project
- Organize and manage all phases of the project to ensure on-time completion
- Assemble and coordinate project team members; assign individual responsibilities
- Prepare requests for proposals and conduct all necessary meetings to facilitate selection of project services and products
- Plan and oversee the preparation and dissemination of project communications.
- Report on project status, issues and stakeholder feedback to the Group IT Manager in anticipation of potential challenges or difficulties on project targets and timeline.
- Honor Company Values and Adhere to Safety Practices.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- Demonstrate positive leadership.
- Proven ability to multi-task with high attention to detail, and ability to juggle many variables at once.
- Able to handle complex situations in a calm and collective manner.
- Strong interpersonal, oral, and written communication skills.
- Demonstrated ability to develop a cohesive team and utilize the diverse abilities of staff
- Ability to analyze complex business and issues providing concise summaries and driving solutions
- Coordinate, lead, and execute change and risk management plans
- Think strategically, synthesize complex data and develop innovative solutions within an entrepreneurial environment
- Understanding of the life cycle of a technology project and project management methodologies
- 4 year Degree in Computer Science, Information Technology or other related discipline
- Project Management Professional (PMP), Certified Scrum Master (CSM), or other related project management certification, desired
- 5-7 years’ experience as a Project/Product/Release Manager
- 5-7 years supervisory experience
- Exposure to ERP software implementations, especially JD Edwards, highly desired
- Experience working in an international business environment
- Excellent written, verbal and presentation skills
- Aqua Lung America, Inc. (AQA) is an equal opportunity employer.
- We welcome and encourage diversity in our workforce.
- AQA participates in the United States Department of Homeland Security's E-Verify program.
- AQA promotes a drug and alcohol free work environment.
Send cover letter and résumé/cv to firstname.lastname@example.org.