Location: Vista, CA
Education: Bachelor's Degree (BA/BS in Marketing, Communication or Business preferred)
Experience: 3+ years experience in Events, Public Relations or Marketing
Aqua Lung America, Inc. specializes in the development, manufacture and distribution of scuba diving, water safety, personal fitness and recreational products. We are looking for a talented individual who can support our marketing efforts. Our brands include: Aqua Lung, Aqua Sphere, MP Michael Phelps, Omer, Stohlquist and U.S. Divers.
The Marketing Specialist will work closely with the marketing and sales teams to manage the US marketing initiatives in our Dive business segment. Primary responsibilities will include creating and maintaining detailed marketing calendars to efficiently execute global marketing strategies and product launches within the US market, coordinating between graphic design, marketing, product, and sales teams to create needed marketing deliverables for product launches and marketing campaigns, and be the resident dive marketing expert for the US market. Additional responsibilities include: Brand activation, overseeing industry trade shows and grassroots events, photo shoot logistics, development of sales support tools, athlete and ambassador management, promotional and point of purchase campaigns for local market, social media channel management, field execution of marketing programs and daily administrative tasks. This position involves a high degree of collaboration and coordination between the marketing, product, graphics design and sales teams. The ideal candidate will have strong organization skills and demonstrate the ability to multitask while building respect and trust with others in a fast paced, dynamic environment.
- Work closely with Sr. Global Marketing Manager to develop and execute strategic local marketing programs in line with global marketing initiatives and product launches.
- Oversee and manage local market activations, events, tradeshows and sales meetings including booth layout, logistics, samples, and marketing collateral.
- Coordinate marketing photo shoots including logistics, locations, and staff.
- Evaluate relevant media and product placement opportunities and generate media coverage reports.
- Work within defined marketing budget and track US marketing spend.
- Assist with coordination of global marketing projects.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- Multi-task, have initiative and be a self-starter
- Drive and embrace change in a dynamic environment
- Work positively with diverse cross-functional teams.
- Analyze, problem solve and positively influence others
- Possess excellent organizational skills, verbal and written communication skills
- Demonstrated understanding of branding and positioning.
- Possess strong problem solving and project management skills.
- Strong analytical skills to use data to dictate strategy and draw conclusions on current and future trends.
- Photoshop experience preferred
- Travel up to 20% of the time
- Bachelor’s Degree in Marketing, Communication, or Business preferred
- Background or experience in the sport of scuba diving
- 3+ years’ experience in Marketing related field
- Skilled with MS Office Applications (Excel, Word, Powerpoint)
- Proficiency & working knowledge of current social media tools & trends
- Aqua Lung America, Inc. (AQA) is an equal opportunity employer.
- We welcome and encourage diversity in our workforce.
- AQA participates in the United States Department of Homeland Security's E-Verify program.
- AQA promotes a drug and alcohol free work environment.
Send cover letter and résumé/cv to firstname.lastname@example.org.