Location: Vista, CA
Education: Pursuing Bachelor's Degree or higher in Supply Chain Management, Logistics, Operations, or related discipline
Aqua Lung specializes in the development, manufacture and distribution of technical life support, water, safety, personal fitness and recreation products. We are looking for a talented individual who can support our Mission of providing “personal aquatic equipment for recreational and professional use”. Our brands include Aqua Lung, Aqua Sphere, MP Michael Phelps, Stohlquist and U.S. Divers.
At Aqua Lung we expect our employees to lead others with respect, be courageous, to embrace and drive change, be mindful of our environmental impact, be efficient while being responsible to our customers, and above all else to be honest and do the right thing as we work to together to succeed as a team and achieve company goals.
The Bid Analyst Intern will work directly under the supervision of the Director of Operations to beta test a proprietary RFP and freight bidding system. The intern will disseminate RFPs, field bids, analyze incoming bids based on contract needs, and make suggestions for bid acceptance and system improvements. This internship will offer the opportunity to learn the RFP and bid analysis process, work with suppliers and internal stakeholders to improve transactional purchasing, eCommerce process execution, and gain exposure to global freight management and distribution in a manufacturing environment.
- Post and disseminate Requests for Proposals to government and private agencies worldwide
- Monitor incoming proposals and analyze for appropriateness according to contract needs
- Work with Director of Operations to document RFP process
- Research and propose process improvements to improve transactional purchasing
- Perform beta testing on proprietary bid management system and make recommendations
- Ability to generate effective solutions based on available information and makes timely decisions that are safe and ethical.
- Resourcefulness to improvise and adapt to daily challenges
- Able to deal with ambiguous problems and build solutions with project management
- Excellent interpersonal communication and comprehension skills, both verbal and written.
- Demonstrate strong organizational skills, be detailed oriented and able to multi-task.
- Basic understanding of supply chain logistics
- Proficient in Microsoft Excel and technically savvy to navigate new systems
- Must be able to perform independent research in an assigned topic area
- Pursuing a Bachelor’s degree or higher in Supply Chain Management, Logistics, Operations or related discipline
- A minimum cumulative and major GPA of 3.0 on a 4.0 scale
Send resume to firstname.lastname@example.org.